Friday, June 26, 2020

Tales From Mayapuri

Tales from Mayapuri
Pakodas to Pep up an ordinary meal...
The Story goes, I used to go often to Mayapuri  Army Vehicles Disposal Market And miscellaneous motor vehicles and motor parts ... you could buy a Dodge Gun carrier to Jonga Jeep to a Russian Vaz  to German Mercedes Mog ... I was refitting my Pajero and building my MM550 Jeep..
The market had many rogue vendors as the name suggests.. it’s Mayapuri .. but also many honest salesmen and mechanics.

I have realised in life the more you trust people, the better they perform. I always and will be a believer of the Theory Y of Mc Gregors Theory X and Theory Y .. ahem at least at..Work.

So I started working with Goyal Motors and Hanuman the Mechanic. Maya Purim is also known for the  famous Family Khalsa Dhaba .. known for its Garlic water and Ghee Roast Mutton and Brain Curry amongst other things where I have had the audacity to take my elitist friends and enjoyed the experience..

So back to building my off-roading vehicles and the main protagonist, the Pakora Story.

So all the the mechanics and Jeep builders would huddle around for lunch, ( incidentally all the hard working Indians, and all South Indians take their Tea- Break and Lunch Break very seriously).

So watching them all lunching would be delightful.. all sat around in a circle ⭕️ opening the Lunch boxes of .. Roti Subzi or Roti Dal .. but to pep up their meal they would order Mixed Pakodas from a special shop and would gather around the kilo of Pakodas like a royal feast adevour the crumbs too and make a handsome meal of a mundane meal..

Inspired by them , during the long and over a 90 day day and nowtouching a 100 days lockdown, I pep up our sometimes  ordinary and mundane meal with mixed Pakodas or one type or the other with Chutneys to Pep us up and feel alive ....

1 comment:

Anecdotes of An Adolescent said...

Looks delicious 🤤 from Maldives to Mayapuri...you have a vast repertoire