Sunday, May 9, 2021

Coleslaw Connection

 Coleslaw Connection:Story of the Coleslaw Sandwich...

For a few days Coleslaw has been in the back of my mind .. 

A few days ago made Cabbage an I saved a portion of raw cabbage for later.. so today the craving came back and I crept into the kitchen in afternoon and started to prepare from scratch .. grated the cabbage finely... added mayonnaise ( thought of getting Hellman’s ) added salt, pepper, mustard .. was ready .. let it rest.


Later in Afternoon My Brother Sanjiv called from Dubai and talking of Kings and Cabbages... I told him , I have been craving for a coleslaw sandwich, yes a lowly coleslaw sandwich.

Memories went went back to Clubs, Cinemas and Coffee-shops back in the yonder where we had eaten them many many moons ago..

And I had as a travelling salesman grabbed at many a ready grab and go places .. also many years ago.. masquerading as veg sandwich or even a chicken sandwich with a hint of chicken in them 

He said it’s uncanny I just bought Coleslaw from Spinneys yesterday and was planning on one myself.. talk about telepathy and combined cravings across countries..

So here I am settling to my Sandwich and he was heading to have his and I am posting my pictures and hope to have his pictures soon for the Coleslaw Connection to be Completed..

No comments: